About 2-3 weeks ago, I was asked to play for some BEC mass, located in somebody's house in the midst of somewhere in Bangsar.
Yeah, I didn't even know where I was. And even now, I didn't knew where I went. Blur case lah me.



We even had Father Daniel who was roped in to handle the mass for us. Special guest of honor!
I didn't had any idea whose house we were in, I simply say hi and bye to any uncles and aunties that I came across with. Maklumlah, I'm a nice guy mah.



See lah, during mass also we so happy can berchatting at the back. And not only that, we also had ample time to take lots of pictures of ourselves, not that we were infatuated with ourselves in anyway whatsoever, but because...we were bored?
It turned out to be more like a chill-out session, with Father Daniel as the speaker.



Cam-whoring!!
Here we have Fiona (also known as "baby"...although she's not that small anymore..ahah) trying to act cute. Or rather, caught in the act of acting cute. One way or the other, doesn't matter. Cute also lah hor?? (Thanks ah Fiona, owe me 1 chi yok yin fan)



Ah, here is my boss who dragged my ass down from PJ to play with him. On the upside, we were provided with really good food after the mass! Kudos and thanks to the cook, or aunty, or whoever it is you are! Got sooo many choices...nasi lemak, mee, biscuit, sherperd's pie...whatever yummy food you can imagine, it's all here.
Except shark fin soup. And char kuey teow. And Bak Kut Teh.
Ok lah, maybe got not sooo many stuffs. But still alot nontheless.

I can't really remember it now due to the fact that it was more than 2 weeks ago!



...only bad thing was that we were 'tortured' a little. It was almost 8.45pm, halfway during mass and we haven't taken our dinner yet! The food was just behind us but we were separated from it by a grill door. I guess it's appropriate to use the phrase, 'So near, yet so far!'.
We could only smell the food at admire it whilst our stomach groaned with all kinds of funny noises. Or maybe it was just mine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following Sunday, a small group of us went to visit the old nuns in I.J Convent, somewhere in KL I think. Yes, I could proudly say that our presence there brought them their much needed joy. It is not easy being 80 years old and finding out that you have little, if not no reason to live for. Although it may not be nice to say, but I'm sure that there are some of them there who are just waiting for their time to come.

The least we could do was to cheer them up!



Who said Andrew couldn't do anything?? Well, he certainly proved his critics wrong this time. He did...*tada*....projectioning! I'd say he did a pretty good job, and Regina gave a performance worthy of a round of applause as well!

Everybody clap for Regina, who led the short Praise & Worship!

*clap clap*



Tagging along with the members of the St. Vincent de Paul for this outing was really an eye-opener for me. And I'm not one who would usually go for these kinda trips to old folks home or anything else, for that matter.
Yes I admit, I'm pretty much lazy. But so were the rest of you who weren't there!

It is not everyday that you get to see highly-motivated old people who desire nothing more than to just live a quiet life, help those who are less fortunate than themselves and to pray for the world to be a better place. I must say I am pretty much amazed as some of these old folks here are rather updated with the latest issues that has been going on in the outside world.
But I really do admire their courage to live and to praise the Lord, together with us!



The members of St. Vincent de Paul drop by this place once a year, I think. Perhaps I could be wrong and they would come down more than once, I wouldn't know.
But next time, YOU should come along too...just to get the experience of what's it like to be around these wonderful people. I was afraid at first too, afraid that I might be surrounded by old, sickly people with various contagious diseases.

But then again, I might have taken my imagination a little too far.



Makan time is always the best!
Here we were provided with chee cheong fun, porridge with yau char kuey, cakes, curry puff and even ice cream! Definitely much more than what I was hoping for.



Well, we had originally planned to go for a chun meal at Bangsar's Pork Noodles haven, but only to be stuffed till the brink here...I guess Pork Noodles will have to wait till some other time.

What a great weekend! For those of you who missed it, I hope that you would not miss the next one! (if any lah..)

Till then, cheerio!

1 comments:

Yup, the outing was great. Outing with SVDP is always great! Been with them once to the AIDS victims care centre in Batu Arang earlier this year. Really opened our eyes. These SVDP people are a really funny bunch, besides being excellent traffic coordinators and donation collectors once a month.

The Bukit Bandaraya BEC mass was somewhere in Lucky Garden, on the way up to Bukit Pantai that area, where "a house" is an understatement to describe those mansions. Just looked through the email invitation and the hosts' were Annette and Anthony Tang. They had a small man-made aquarium/pond (ok la, not that small, about the size of 2-3 bath tubs) that had huge 1.5-2 feet japanese kois.

In summary, can say Daniel Khoo's post focused on the food. Hahaa.. Nothing wrong what.. fellowship ma.. Oh man, Pork Noddles.. somemore the shop is just in Lucky Garden, just 1 min away from the BEC mass house! Miss that bowl of "miracle hor fun"..

December 7, 2007 at 7:40 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home